Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Do You See What I See? Do You Hear What I Hear?

Seth's "cool face"



Whats going here this holiday season? First of all, Seth got glasses. Despite the fact that Seth failed several eye exams given by the school...despite the fact that he can't catch a ball...despite the fact that I too, wore glasses as a child...I didn't think he actually needed glasses. I thought he just wanted to look like Scott. We took him to the eye doctor and his vision is 20/150. Poor kid. His glasses came in today. I wouldn't say that he's exactly excited about wearing them but I know the difference it will make. He keeps asking me when he can take them off. I told him he could take them off when his contacts come in...in about 8 years.
And Wyatt...sweet baby Wyatt. Wyatt doesn't talk. At all. He grunts. He's like an adorable, tiny Tim Allen. At his 18 month wellness check up, the pediatrician suggested we have is hearing tested. Today I took him to an audiologist and thankfully there is no hearing loss. It's not uncommon in cases of a difficult birth like the one he had. I didn't know. He will start speech therapy in early January so we'll have him up to speed soon :)
We are now enjoying the season...seeing all of the sights and hearing all the sounds perfectly. Perfect.

No comments: