Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Pumpkin Cookies



I love Halloween. Today Seth and I made awesome pumpkin cookies. He decided that he was a hard-hat wearing chef and was a bit bummed when I told him that we had to actually use the bowl for the cookies. The feeling passed when I allowed him to grate nutmeg into our pumpkin mixture while chanting "NUTMEG!!!!" For those that don't know, "nutmeg" is when someone kicks a soccer ball through your legs. It's also tasty in cookies. We also picked up a copy of "A Nightmare Before Christmas" today. At the moment it's dark and cool outside, little Wy is asleep, I'm having pumpkin cookies and a fresh cup of coffee and Seth dancing around while watching Jack. Have I mentioned that I love Halloween?


Pumpkin Cookies:
2 C WW Flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 Tbs vanilla
"some" nutmeg
1 C butter (soft)
1 C brown sugar, packed
1 C pumpkin
1 egg
1 C nuts, chopped (we used walnuts)
1 C oatmeal

Beat Butter and sugar together until fluffy. Then beat in pumpkin, egg and vanilla. Mix all dry ingredients together then gradually add into the pumpkin/sugar mix. 400 degrees for about 10 mins. They are more like cake than a crispy cookie

No comments: