Monday, August 24, 2009

The Big K

Seth making the "K" in sign language. (no..it's not right but thats OK)


Seth walks with Daddy and Y to school.


Seth and I walking into the school. He wanted to hold my hand. I love that.


Seth and the teacher. We should call her "Miss Maybe" after my Mom's temp/perm cat.




I remember my first day of school. I was pretty sure the party was over. My days of sleeping in had to come to a standstill. I want Seth to love school. I want him to wake up in the morning and be excited to go. Today was the first day of kindergarten. The Big K. I had to wake him up 4 times. I had to uncover his sweet little head 4 times. I had to make him respond to me..FOUR. Different. Times. (Haha Looks like the apple is resting in the shade of the tree!) Scott's genes helped him read at four, my genes made him sleep in. It's a good balance. Anyway, once he finally got up and ready to go, we headed out as a family on this big day. Seth's teacher is a temporary/possibly permanent teacher. He really liked her so I hope she stays around. He was super excited about the cafeteria. Apparently so excited, he neglected to actually eat the lunch I packed. He did however, eat it on the 4 min car ride home. Silly boy. He enjoyed being the only boy at the girl heavy lunch table. Looks like the party is not over. It would appear that it's only just begun. :) I love my boy.

3 comments:

colorwheeler said...

His eyes are just gleaming. Keeping fingers crossed for Ms Maybe

Unknown said...

super cute pictures. Oh and I adore his shirt. We are huge Paul Frank fans here.

Meg said...

So what's the word on the teacher? Is she sticking around? Hope he has a great 2nd week.