Thursday, August 13, 2009

I Am an Artist





There is a book called "I Am an Artist" by Pat Lowery Collins that I love to read to Seth. It's such a sweet and beautiful book. Art has never really been Seth's thing. At least not yet. In life, all interests and hobbies are subject to change. It is however, Wyatt's thing..at least for the moment. I found him one day at the table in his sweet little pjs justa colorin' away. He sneaks into Scott's office to get to the markers. I've had to hide the box of crayons in a cabinet because if he can see them, he will climb to them come hell or high water.

Now I don't expect him to grow up and be an artist for a living. The life of an artist is a hard knock life for sure. If I could pick, I'd rather my children be really good at math but we don't pick these things now do we?

It makes my heart swell to see fat little fingers curl around a crayon. Now if only I could FIND the purple crayon. Note to self...don't leave the baby alone with crayons.

2 comments:

Mama Red said...

That is so wonderful! He's so cute! I can't wait to see what your budding artist creates.

Unknown said...

Math.... yes.